The question used to be Safari vs Internet Explorer, but techies and most people alike, now use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as their preferred web browser. Both are very aesthetically similar, taking what seems like the best parts of Internet explorer and Safari. Both offer a great selection of extensions, which work like apps on your browser. They both have better privacy settings and firewall settings than the ladder.
The question we are now faced with is which is better: Chrome or Firefox? I myself have both installed because of my extensions, such as the YouTube converter is only available of Firefox, while Chrome seems easier to grasp and manage. I’ve noticed this pattern with others as well. If one does not satisfy it’s user completely, they switch to the other; sometimes even back and forth.
So without further ado, here are some popular arguments about which browser to use:
– chrome is more polished, google is more customizable
– chrome is better for developers
– Firefox has better extensions
– chrome offers better syncing capabilities
– Firefox offers better privacy
– one crashes more than the other (semantics)
– neither are Internet explorer 🙂