Having a holiday this weekend, Easter, it gives some people time to relax with friends and family. Those of which will be traveling around via train, car, plane etc. And those who do not celebrate get to have a nice weekend to relax. And what better to do with your free time than to stream movies on Netflix! Even those traveling have the power to stream Netflix as well for it can be easily downloaded on any ipod, computer or iphone! With Netflix ruling the cinema department, it is only right to use this system. Yes, they dont always have the most up-to-date movies, but they certainly have a list worth watching! According to Alyssa Bereznak, a yahoo tech employee, there is 5 movies via Netflix she recommends for the upcoming holiday weekend paired with a drink to watch with it! (must be 21 or older to enjoy these drink pairs)
1. Airplane! paired with a smokey old-fashioned. Although this movie might be dated it definitely has its laugh and deadpan acting which makes it still one of the most entertaining things to watch! I have yet to see this movie but I just might take up her recommendation.
2. Snakes on a Plane, paired with the “no-pun intended” snakebite. Whats better than watching a plane full of venomous snakes!? Oh that’s right..NOTHING! This movie has a great cast and offers a bit of humor. Oh and Samuel L. Jackson is in it! Everyone should watch it on the mere fact of that! Newly 21, I was unsure of what a snakebite was and found out it is a “beer mixture that is equal parts hard cider and lager with a dash of black current liqueur.” Uhm, DELICIOUS! Apparently its so good and easy to drink that most bartenders wont serve it so lucky for you, you can stream Netflix and enjoy this drink right from your couch!
3. Top Gun, paired with an Angel’s Wing. How could you say no to a heartthrob like Tom Cruise sigh. This action packed film not only has a die-for romantic plot but also a killer soundtrack. Angel’s Wing, which is a mixture of creme de cacao, brandy, and light cream, goes perfectly with this All-American film!
4. Air Force One, paired with a Bloody Mary. A hijacked plane carrying the President of the US?! Cant get anymore drama than that! Handsome Harrison Ford shows his heroic skills in this edge of your seat movie! And what’s better than watching this movie with a spicy, refreshing, Bloody Mary! Once again, NOTHING!
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST….
5. The Aviator paired with none other than the Aviation. Leonardo DiCaprio is great in every single role he plays and it is definitely present in this movie! Filled with a great cast Cate Blanchette, Kate Beckinsale, and Alec Baldwin to name a few, and an outstanding plot this movie is definitely one to check out! And do so with this delicious drink Aviation, a cocktail invented in 1910 that consists of gin, lemon juice, and maraschino liqueur. And if you want to get fancy, adding a few dashes of creme de violette will turn the drink a pale blue, sort of like Leonardo’s dreamy eyes!